Rise to the challenge and join the adventure! Our Challenge Badges are perfect for Guides, Brownies, Scouts, Beavers, and Rainbows, presenting exciting opportunities for children to learn, explore, and excel.
The Challenge Badge encourages Guides, Brownies, Scouts, Beavers and Rainbows to take part in a variety of activities – whether that’s learning CPR, how to make an emergency call, researching helicopters, or visiting an Essex & Herts Air Ambulance base – with the final stage being a fundraiser for the charity.
Did you know that Essex & Herts Air Ambulance is a charity? Not everyone realises that we are not part of the NHS and therefore rely on the public to keep us operational. By completing this badge you will be helping to raise awareness of the charity and help raise the vital funds that allow us to continue our life-saving work.
Challenge badges are £1.50 per badge.
To request your pack, please contact Jess Clarkson on Jess.Clarkson@ehaat.org or 0345 2417 690.
What do I need to do?
The Challenge Badge is split into four sections. To complete the challenge you must complete one activity from each section.
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance – This section looks at Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, Paramedics and First Aid.
- Helicopters – This section looks at the different types of helicopters.
- Air – This section looks at the air around us as well as encouraging groups to air their findings about EHAAT to the local media.
- Fundraising – It costs £750,000 a month to keep both helicopters flying and to cover all charitable costs. You can choose from a number of different fundraising activities to help your local life-saving charity.
How do I donate my Fundraising total?
Once your group has completed this part of the challenge there are two ways that you can donate your total to us:
- Via cheque donation
Please send your cheque made payable to ‘Essex & Herts Air Ambulance’ to: Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, Flight House, The Business Centre, Earls Colne Business Park, Earls Colne, Colchester, Essex, CO6 2NS
- Via the online donation page of our website
Click the option ‘Just Once’ which allows you to pay a one-off amount and type in the amount that you have raised. Click ‘Donate’.
‘Proceed to Checkout’ and be sure to select ‘Challenge Badge’ under the box asking if you are donating to a specific initiative.
To request your pack today, please contact Jess Clarkson on Jess.Clarkson@ehaat.org or 0345 2417 690.
Get in touch
If you would to know more, please contact Jess Clarkson on Jess.Clarkson@ehaat.org or 0345 2417 690.